Natural Capitalism Solutions Internships
Natural Capitalism Solutions (NCS) seeks an intern for summer, 2019
Are you looking for sustainability experience and learning about regenerative economies? Are you ready to put theory into a real-world application? Are you passionate about making a difference that positively impacts the lives of others? If so, join the NCS team, a non-profit 501c3 that works with local communities, companies, countries, and governments to advance sustainability and regenerative (non-extractive) activities. Hunter Lovins and the NCS team create tools and programs to implement sustainable and regenerative practices inside businesses, communities, and organizations.
Social Media Coordinator
Time commitment: 2 days a week
Duration: 3 – 6 months
Work location: Interns are required to work at the Longmont, Colorado office for the majority of the internship (occasional remote work acceptable).
NCS seeks a Social Media Coordinator to help create content, manage social media channels, and establish standardized workflows.
NCS now focuses on creating regenerative economic systems that prioritize shared wellbeing on a healthy planet. To this end, NCS is helping facilitate the creation of a Regenerative Economic Hub in the Upper South Platte River bioregion, also known as the Northern Front Range. NCS’s effort to create the Hub is in its early stages, and the social media manager will contribute to the Hub’s overall communication strategy and ensure regular and consistent messaging to our audience of over 10,000.
You will work closely with the NCS team to strengthen our online presence in accordance with our brand. Together we will enhance our efforts to effectively deliver the NCS mission and voice while increasing our education and outreach success.
- Create newsletters to our 10,000+ subscribers on Mailchimp
- Help create blog posts to generate other social media posts on channels like Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Set up schedules for posts and ensure content is delivered regularly
- Use web tools (e.g., Hootsuite, Canva, Calendly, etc.) that simplify the social media process
- Set up standardized, repeatable workflows that make social media engagement and posting as efficient as possible
- Filming and video editing for webinars and promotion
- Periodically review our website for accuracy
- Attend staff meetings
- One years’ experience working on social media in a nonprofit or university setting
- A general digital skill set that includes experience with filming and video editing
- Comfortable with Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Mailchimp, Google Drive, Microsoft Suite. WordPress and Photoshop skills are a plus (or other photo editing and design programs)
- Strong writing skills and a creative mind
- Self-starter: a history of taking initiative on projects where the way ahead is not clear
What we offer:
- The chance to exercise creative freedom, manage processes, and create new systems at the beginning of a project
- A casual work setting
- The opportunity to learn from Hunter Lovins and other experts on sustainability and regenerative economics
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume to [email protected], with the subject line “Social Media Coordinator Application.”
Past interns have gained employment at the following organizations: Standard Renewable Energy, GreenOrder, Weecycle Environmental Consulting, ATC Associates Environmental Consulting, Clean Energy Action, Department of Health, and NCS, to name a few.