Natural Capitalism Solutions Internships
We are not currently accepting internship applications. Please keep a look out for our Summer 2018 internship openings. A brief description of our internships are below.
Are you looking for real-word sustainability experience to compliment your education? Are you ready to put theory into practice in the real world? Are you passionate about making a difference? If so, join us as an intern at Natural Capitalism Solutions (NCS), a non-profit that works with companies, communities, countries, and governments to increase sustainability, efficiency, and profits. Natural Capitalism Solutions is a cutting-edge, dynamic organization that promotes, supports, and teaches sustainability.
Hunter Lovins and the NCS team create tools to enable businesses and industry to implement more regenerative practices. As an intern at NCS you will learn how to conduct research, how to analyze existing management tools and techniques, and how to implement sustainability practices in companies and communities. Interns learn by doing, developing new tools and strategies.
At Natural Capitalism Solutions, interns have the opportunity to:
- Receive training and pragmatic experience in the field of sustainability consulting
- Work with the NCS team and sustainability pioneer, Hunter Lovins.
- Take an active part in innovative planning sessions involving critical thinking about sustainability and economic issues and practice.
- Conduct research, compose, and prepare background materials for every level of project work.
- Gain practical research experience in the sustainability and economic field.
- Help create tools to assist businesses and industry to develop more sustainable practices and become regenerative organizations.
- See the direct results of your work on the structure of capitalism.
- Receive recognition for work on published reports.
- Participate in local conferences, industry & networking events, staff meetings, and company outings.
- Hear world-class speakers from various fields pertaining to sustainability.
- A desire to learn,
- Past research experience,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office,
- Ability to be flexible and multitask,
- Awesomeness, and
- Knowledge of the Principles of Natural Capitalism.
The internship is unpaid and requires 15-25 hours per week (flexible).
Interns are required work out of the Longmont office at least once a week. The rest of the week, interns are able to work remotely.
If you have any questions, reach out to [email protected]
Past interns have gained employment at the following organizations: Standard Renewable Energy, GreenOrder, Weecycle Environmental Consulting, ATC Associates Environmental Consulting, Clean Energy Action, Department of Health, and NCS, to name a few.
Read about our past interns here.