If you are looking for business development and/or marketing experience in the environmental consulting sector, are ready to put theory into practice, and are passionate about making a difference in the world, apply to the NCS internship program.
Natural Capitalism Solutions (NCS) educates businesses, communities, governments, and countries on how to implement sustainability throughout their operations to increase profits. NCS’s unique structure as a non-profit gives us the opportunity to develop innovative processes that drive the adoption of sustainability and implement these innovations directly with our clients.
Past and Current Clients Include: Kashi, Red Bull, Clif Bar, Aveda, New Belgium Brewing, Patagonia, GoLite, Boulder County Parks and Open Space, United Nations Industrial Development Organization, Eco-Products, Walmart, University of Denver, and Diversy, among others
Internship Description of Duties
The Business Development & Marketing intern would assist in the development and implementation of marketing, social media, and sales strategies for NCS’s consulting and training services and Hunter Lovins’ upcoming articles and books. The intern will have the unique opportunity to help shape the market strategy of new and innovative programs and be exposed to a higher level of responsibility than at a typical company, taking ownership of key marketing strategies, materials, and communications within NCS’s outreach. Interns will also assist at various events and workshops, providing excellent networking opportunities.
At Natural Capitalism Solutions, interns have the opportunity to:
• Work with the NCS team and sustainability pioneer, Hunter Lovins.
• Take active part in innovative discussions and planning sessions involving critical thinking about sustainability issues and practice.
• Research, compose, and prepare background materials for various levels of project work.
• Gain practical research experience in the sustainability field.
• Help create tools to assist businesses and industry to develop sustainable practices and become sustainable organizations.
• See the direct results of your work on the structure of capitalism.
• Receive recognition for work on published reports.
• Participate in local conferences, industry & networking events, staff meetings, and company outings.
• Interest in sustainable business practices
• Excellent communication skills
• Competency in social media (experience with social media marketing a plus)
• Past experience or demonstrated interest in sales and/or marketing
• Ability to be flexible and multitask, comfortable in a fast-paced environment
• Completed or almost completed Bachelors required, Masters preferred
• Knowledge of the Principles of Natural Capitalism
• Ability to work from home, attend meetings in Denver, Boulder, Longmont, and surrounding areas as well as work from the Longmont office once per week
• This position requires a flexible schedule. Occasional evening meetings will be required (these will provide great networking!)
The internship is unpaid and requires 15-25 hours per week (flexible).
Interns are required work out of the Longmont office for the majority of the internship. No Remote internships.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send resume and writing sample to Lily Thaisz, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the the subject line “Internship Application [season, year]. Indicate interest in the Business Development & Marketing internship in your email and/or subject line. For information on past projects visit natcapsolutions.org or email Lily.
Past interns have gained employment at: Standard Renewable Energy, GreenOrder, Weecycle Environmental Consulting, ATC Associates Environmental Consulting, Boulder Green Building Guild, Clean Energy Action, Department of Health, and NCS, among many others.
Learn about our past interns by clicking here.