The application process has now closed. Please check back in December for information regarding our Spring internship.
Are you looking for more sustainability education in a cutting-edge, dynamic organization that promotes, supports, and teaches sustainability? Are you ready to put theory into practice in the real world? Are you passionate about making a difference? If so, join us as an intern at Natural Capitalism Solutions (NCS), a non-profit that works with companies, communities, countries, and governments to increase sustainability, efficiency, and profits.
Hunter Lovins and the Natural Capitalism Solutions team create tools to enable businesses and industry to implement sustainable practices. As an intern at NCS you will learn how to research and analyze existing management tools, techniques, and actual practices of organizations pursuing sustainability. Interns learn by doing, developing new tools and strategies.
At Natural Capitalism Solutions, interns have the opportunity to:
- Receive training and pragmatic experience in the field of sustainability consulting
- Work with the NCS team and sustainability pioneer, Hunter Lovins.
- Take active part in innovative discussions and planning sessions involving critical thinking about sustainability issues and practice.
- Research, compose, and prepare background materials for various levels of project work.
- Gain practical research experience in the sustainability field.
- Help create tools to assist businesses and industry to develop sustainable practices and become sustainable organizations.
- See the direct results of your work on the structure of capitalism.
- Receive recognition for work on published reports.
- Participate in local conferences, industry & networking events, staff meetings, and company outings.
- Hear world-class speakers from various fields pertaining to sustainability.
- A desire to learn,
- Past research experience,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office,
- Ability to be flexible and multitask,
- Awesomeness, and
- Knowledge of the Principles of Natural Capitalism.
The internship is unpaid and requires 15-25 hours per week (flexible).
Interns are required work out of the Longmont office for the majority of the internship, not remotely or off-site.
Throughout the program interns will assist with a variety of tasks but will typically follow one major project. Our current internships are listed below, find the one that fits your interests:
Sustainability Implementation Intern
*Application process now closed
Sustainability Implementation Interns assist project managers on various levels of corporate work. Specific projects depend on client needs and can incorporate any of our services. Interns receive training in our approach. They are expected to take responsibility and ask questions. Interns will gain experience in project work, and can assist on all levels from proposal writing to initial research to composition toward the final report. Sustainability Implementation Interns will typically work on one project throughout their internship but should be flexible in order to assist on other projects as the need arises.
*Application process now closed.
The Policy & Research Intern will participate in researching and framing policy recommendations. You will be part of a fast-paced environment with the option of working from home. You will work with Bill Becker, the Executive Director of the PCAP project, an initiative of Natural Capitalism Solutions to help the President of the United States take decisive action on global warming and energy security.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “[internship type, season, year] Internship Application.”
Past interns have gained employment at the following organizations: Standard Renewable Energy, GreenOrder, Weecycle Environmental Consulting, ATC Associates Environmental Consulting, Clean Energy Action, Department of Health, and NCS, to name a few.
Read about our past interns here.