Business, Government & Faith Acting Together
Natural Capitalism Solutions is conducting a series of business, interfaith, and civil society dialogues aimed at taking Pope Francis’ Encyclical Laudato Si, On Care For Our Common Home, to action. We hope you will join us at our upcoming Denver metro area event.
Pope Francis states, “…faced as we are with global environmental deterioration, I wish to address every person living on this planet… In this Encyclical, I would like to enter into dialogue with all people.”
“The urgent challenge to protect our common home includes a concern to bring the whole human family together to seek a sustainable and integral development, for we know that things can change.”
“I appeal, then, for a new dialogue about how we are shaping the future of our planet. We need a conversation which includes everyone.”
Natural Capitalism is answering this call. We are bringing together the three sectors essential to implementing change: religious communities, business leaders, and government representatives (city officials, state leaders, and federal agencies). These leaders will work with the general public to accept the Pope’s clarion call, setting forth actionable plans, and crafting a strategy to implement the changes necessary to create a finer future.
Join leaders from the business, government, and faith communities; hear success stories; and co-create what YOU can do to implement meaningful change.
A few of the thought leaders who will be speaking include:
Former CO Governor Bill Ritter: Center for New Energy Economy
Richard Cizik: President, The New Evangelical Partnership
Hunter Lovins: President, Natural Capitalism Solutions
Russell Greene: Executive VP Operations and Sustainability, Cheesecake Factory
A BIG THANK YOU to our sponsors for this event! This would not have been possible without your support!
Encyclical to Action Conference Details:
- November 23, 2015 at Regis University, from 7:00-9:00pm; Open to Everyone
- 3333 Regis Blvd, Denver, CO 80221
- A contribution of at least $10 to Natural Capitalism Solutions, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is your ticket for this event and your chance to join in on meaningful dialogue to create necessary change. This donation will support NCS’ ongoing education and outreach work.
- Larger donations are truly appreciated and include additional opportunities. Please see Event Brite page for details.
- Register to join us here
- Take I-70 to the Federal Blvd exit. Proceed north on Federal Blvd. to the first stop slight (This is Regis Blvd on your left and W 50th Ave on your right). Turn left onto Regis Blvd and go to first stop light (Lowell Blvd). Turn right onto Lowell Blvd and proceed north pas Lot 3 to Lot 4 (about half way down the hill on your right)
- The closest parking lot to the Mt. View Room is lot 4 off of Lowell Blvd. This lot can fill up in the evening. Guests are welcome to park in any lot on campus where parking is available. Parking costs $3 in the evening and guests can pay at the kiosks located in each parking area. Please see the map for Kiosk locations. Click here for more information about parking on campus.
- From Lot 4 to the Mountain View Room
- There is visitor parking on the left as you enter Lot 4. Claver Hall is the building directly in the front of the parking lot. Go up the walkway on the right and through the double doors on the left.
- Refreshments are available at the cafe on the campus of Regis University which will be open until 10pm. The cafe is directly across the lounge from the Mt. View Room. If you enter from the West entrance from parking lot 4, the café will be straight ahead and the Mt. View Room to the left.
- For questions, contact Meghan Altman at firstname.lastname@example.org